Thursday, March 11, 2010

Brie Lepetit, Capriole Mont St. Francis, Abrigo

Whole Foods was out of the Delice de Bourgogne, was the real problem with today.  Still and all I persevered.

Brie Lepetit
Comes from: cows
Purchased at: Whole Foods
$14.99/lb


A standard brie offering.  I wanted brie and I got it, yo.

Also, it is *amazing* how much better this "standard brie" is than, say, the standard brie offered at Wal-Mart or Winn Dixie.  AMAZING.

Capriole Mont St. Francis
Comes from: goats
Purchased at: Whole Foods
$27.99/lb


A medium-hard-soft goat cheese.  Like muenster on the hard and moist scale, but with a solid goaty flavor.  This cheese tasted expensive, if you understand what I mean by that.

Abrigo
Comes from: goats
Purchased at: Whole Foods
$22.99/lb

A slightly firmer goat cheese.  I liked this one better than the Capriole for whatever reason; the bite, probably.  Mmm, bite.

No comments: