Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ossau Iraty

Ossau Iraty
Comes from: sheep
Purchased at: Whole Foods
$? (might be $15.99/lb)

Also this cheese. This cheese is *amazing.* I mean, I liked the rindy bits better than I liked the non-rindy bits -- just a little crunchier and saltier -- but that's more or less how I feel about all cheeses ever, so, eh. Anyway. Delicious, sheepy cheese that is not too sheepy, because god knows I have said enough times that I hate sheepy cheeses. (Did you hear me? I HATE SHEEPY CHEESES.) (But not this one!)

Incidentally, when I purchased this cheese I was all excited because the name seemed... I dunno, Slavic to me? But now I find out it is just French. BOO BORING ETHNICITY. BOO.

2 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Next time I am in the Estados Unidos, I am going to Whole Foods instead of Disneyland. Mmmmm cheese.

scott abraham- lakes said...

My cousin's are Litvaks. Hey, have you read Primo Levi's bio called The Double Bond? What a fantastic long read. With Piedmontese (Italian kinda language)vocab thrown in the mix a little. I imagine you've read his Periodic Table? My cousins Grandfather, my great uncle lived until he was 99.The 1rst lang. he learned coming to the US in the early 20th century was espanol, down in Texas...not english.